Friday, July 22, 2011

Once Again

I've found myself.  Actually I just found my password and was able to log back in to my blog.  I have a mental list that begins "I feel old when...." and one of the items high on the list is how incredibly ancient I feel when I can't make my computer do what I want it to do.

Yesterday, I finally caved in and asked the server to help me out and they cheerfully email a new password to my Yahoo account which would be dandy except that I have a gmail account.  I went to bed frustrated but finally remembered that little icon up in the corner of the screen that I can click on to search for items lost in the computer.  So this morning I typed in 'password' and magically it appeared.  Where was it, I wonder? Anyway, I'm back.

That makes two of us at our house.  Mark says Pretzel is the Lazarus of dogs.  She is now back to her normal, slightly daffy self.  I know this for sure because yesterday, in the heat of the afternoon, she somehow snuck into the garage and managed to tip over the food bin.  I found the hot little dachshund trying to eat her weight in dog food.  Really, she has no self control and, obviously, no memory of how sick she was just days ago.

After all the heat, rain blew in this morning and I think all of Omaha heaved a sigh of relief.  I don't mind the heat as much as some but tempers were growing a little short and everything needed a good drink.  Maybe we all feel a little revived. Em has been helping us out with the weeds and went out to work in the rain.  She said it was better than weeding in the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment